Tri Counties Bank has initiated a California Fire Fund 2017 for Northern California counties ravaged by fires in recent months. With a seed amount of $25,000, Tri Counties hopes to raise $100,000 through public donations to help individuals and families who have experienced loss or financial hardship as a result of the recent fires. If you would like to donate to this fund, please visit any Tri Counties Bank branch.
These funds will be distributed to people in need through local non-profit emergency relief agencies directly serving fire victims with immediate needs. These non-profit organizations have been vetted as trusted and well-managed direct emergency service providers and include:
- Catholic Charities of Santa Rosa – serving Sonoma and Napa Counties
- North Coast Opportunities – serving Lake and Mendocino Counties
- United Way of Northern California – serving Trinity and Siskiyou Counties
- The Salvation Army – serving Butte, Yuba and Nevada Counties
Funds will be allocated to local agencies based on proportionate need and expected impact.
"We are committed to supporting our communities impacted by the Northern California wildfires," said Richard Smith, President and CEO of Tri Counties Bank. “Our thoughts and prayers are with the families who have lost loved ones, as well as to all those who lost homes and possessions. Our gratitude goes out to the brave firefighters and first responders who are battling to contain these devastating fires.”
If you are a Siskiyou or Trinity county resident and would like to apply to recieve funds, CLICK HERE
Other relief funds for Northern California fires include:
- United Way Bay Area & United Way of the Wine Country have joined together to assist residents & community agencies in Sonoma, Napa, Solano, Lake and Mendocino counties. 100% of donations taken given to United Ways' Northern California Wildfire Relief and Recovery Fund will go directly to relief and recovery efforts. CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE.