United Way of Northern California (UWNC) is pleased to announce its Request for Proposals (RFP) for the 2019-20 Campaign Year.
In 2018, the Carr and Camp fires were tragic and calamitous events in the North State. The fires burned a combined 382,987 acres, destroying more than 15,000 homes and resulting in more than 90 deaths. Many businesses and residents were displaced.
United Way seeks to fund community-based organizations that are providing services to survivors and others indirectly affected by the fires, knowing that such support will be needed for years to come. While the fires occurred primarily in Shasta and Butte counties, UWNC recognizes that survivors now reside throughout our nine-county region, and that agencies throughout the North State have come to their aid.
UWNC intends to award $250,000 in grants during this cycle. Individual grant awards will range from $10,000 to $25,000.
- WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR FUNDING?
Any 501(c) (3) non-profit agency located within our nine (9) county service area. The counties we serve are: Butte, Glenn, Lassen, Modoc, Plumas, Shasta, Siskiyou, Tehama and Trinity.
- WHEN IS THE APPLICATION PERIOD?
Applications will be accepted beginning Monday, July 1, 2019 through Wednesday, July 31, 2019. Applications must be received by 5 PM on July 31, 2019 to be considered.
- HOW DO I APPLY?
All applications must be submitted online. The link is available at here
Process For FY 2019-2020:
- Grants are approved by the United Way Board of Directors, based on recommendations from its Community Impact Committee, which is comprised of volunteers from the local community.
- Organizations must provide proof of current 501(c) (3) status, current annual budget and a list governing board members.
- Grant funding can be used for operational, administrative, staffing and programmatic expenses.
- Organizations that are awarded grants will be required to submit mid-year and end of the year reports.
- Agencies that received funding in 2018-19 must be current with reports in order to be considered for 2019-20 funding.
|July 1, 2019 (Monday)||Request for Proposals Announced|
|July 1, 2019 (Monday)||Online Grant Application Process Opens|
|July 31, 2019 (Wednesday)||Deadline for Submitting Applications|
|August 1-31, 2019||Applications reviewed by United Way Staff & Community Impact Committee|
|September 11, 2019||Final Board of Directors Approval|
|September 17, 2019||Grant Announcements|
|October 7, 2019||Grant Disbursements|
Questions regarding this RFP and grant process should be sent to Theresa McCausland, Community Impact Manager: email@example.com or call (530) 241-7521
We look forward to partnering with you and demonstrating what it means to LIVE UNITED!