Invest in Your Future
CalSavers gives California employees access to a state-run retirement savings program. It allows private sector employees to easily save for retirement even if they don’t currently have a way to save through work.
Through this program, about 7 million workers in California have the opportunity to open an Individual Retirement Account through their job. By 2022, California employers with five or more employees will offer an employer-sponsored retirement plan or participate in CalSavers.
Benefits of the Program:
- Easy, automated enrollment
- Low cost
- Portable (can go with you if you change jobs)
- Wide range of professionally managed investments
- Completely voluntary – opt in or out any time
- Contributions can be made by automatic payroll deductions
- Oversight from a board chaired by the State Treasurer
- No fees or reporting requirements for employers
United Way of Northern California can help you learn about your investment options and start an account through CalSavers. To learn more, contact Theresa McCausland at (530) 241-7521 x 101 or email@example.com.