- Full-time (40-hour) position, exempt
- Reports to the President & CEO
- Salary: $46,000 - $50,000, commensurate with background and experience
- The position is based in Redding, CA. No relocation expenses are available.
- To apply, send a cover letter and resume to Larry Olmstead, President & CEO, at email@example.com
- Application deadline is Feb. 22, 2019
The Community Impact Manager helps develop and implement strategies that mobilize the caring power of the community to improve lives in Northern California. The Manager develops and implements United Way programs that support financial stability for families; maintains relationships with partner agencies and other key actors in the non-profit and social services sector; writes grants, and assists with outreach efforts into the community.
Principal Job Responsibilities
- Coordinate activities under the Prosperity Initiative, which promotes financial stability programs for families, including BankOn, volunteer tax preparation, workforce readiness, youth engagement initiatives, CalSavers retirement program and others.
- Working with the CEO and our volunteer committees, coordinate the annual process of grant allocations to other non-profits; serve as chief point-of-contact for partner non-profit agencies.
- Plan, or help plan, key UWNC community events such as Day of Action. Assist Development Director and others as needed in planning and executing significant fund-raising events.
- Seek grants that are relevant to United Way’s work; write grant proposals.
- Staff and support the Board of Directors’ Community Impact Committee.
- Represent the CEO and United Way as needed and assigned at community and sector events.
- Ensure UWNC representation at key community events, either through own participation or recruitment of other staff and volunteers.
- Working with the 2-1-1 Program Manager and Regional Manager, Butte & Glenn Counties, ensure collaboration and alignment that maximizes impact of UWNC’s social services activities.
- Working with the Digital Marketing Manager, ensure drafting and implementation of marketing and communications efforts aimed at spreading awareness and mobilizing public support for our community initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Competencies Required
- Personable and outgoing; builds and maintains relationships
- Ability to engage with and relate positively to diverse audiences
- Manages time well; ability to multi-task
- Strong project management skills
- Uses data to inform the creation of, and report on, social services strategies
- Clear thinker and communicator
- Effective presenter
- Poised and resilient
- Flexible; tolerance for ambiguity
- Passion for community service
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience, preferably in health and human services or related fields.
- Minimum three years of experience in the non-profit field; in government or private-sector work that intersects with social issues, and/or can demonstrate a longstanding active interest in community service.
- Minimum two years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge of regional social service issues and agencies a plus.
- Bilingual / multilingual a plus.
- Able to work on a keyboard comfortably through an eight-hour shift.
- Able to lift up to 15 pounds.
United Way of Northern California is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
UWNC offers 10 days paid holidays each year, vacation benefits and medical, dental and vision plans.