Connecting the Community to Critical Resources. What Is 2-1-1?
2-1-1 is a free, confidential telephone helpline and website that connects people with local resources they need. People of all ages can quickly get information and referrals to health and human services in over 150 languages. We’re here 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for both everyday needs and times of crisis.
How Can I Access 2-1-1?
From Butte, Shasta or Tehama counties, dial 2-1-1 toll-free from any phone, cell or landline. You will talk with a live, trained service professional in your area.
To reach 2-1-1 NorCal resources from a phone outside these counties, use the county’s 800 number:
- 2-1-1 Shasta: 1-855-211-7822
- 2-1-1 Tehama: 1-866-963-8182
- 2-1-1 Butte-Glenn: 1-866-916-3566
You can text your zip code to TXT211 (898-211) to talk with a live specialist, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. This two-way texting service is available in English and Spanish.
*Standard message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt-out. For end-user privacy and terms and conditions of texting with 898-211, visit www.preventionpaystext.com/policies.
What Types of Needs Does 2-1-1 Cover?
Because 2-1-1 brings all the current resources of a community together in one organized database, it covers all types of needs, including:
- Basic Human Needs: food banks and assistance, clothing closets, shelters, rent, utilities assistance, and benefits screening tool
- Disaster Relief: up-to-date emergency information, evacuation routes, road closures, and other resources
- Physical and Mental Health Resources: health insurance programs, Medicaid and Medicare, maternal health, children’s health, medical information hotlines, crisis intervention hotlines, support groups, counseling, drug and alcohol intervention, and rehabilitation
- Employment Supports: financial assistance, job training, transportation assistance, education programs, services for veterans
- Support for the Elderly and People with Disabilities: adult daycare, congregate meals, respite care, home health care, transportation, independent living programs
- Support for Children, Youth, and Families: childcare, after school programs, Head Start, family resource centers, summer camps, and recreation
Where Is 2-1-1 Available?
2-1-1 is currently available in the North State counties of Shasta, Tehama, Butte, and Glenn. It is in 31 California counties, covering over 90% of the population. Nationwide, 2-1-1 is available to 94.6% of the population. Our goal is that 100% of the population has access to this critical resource.
Thank You to Our Generous Supporters!
2-1-1 service is made possible by support from our generous partners.
- The California Endowment
- First 5 Shasta
- County of Shasta California
- Tehama County Health Services Agency (TCHSA)
- Tehama County Social Services
- Tehama County DSA
- St. Elizabeth Community Hospital
- First 5 Tehama
- Tehama County California
- Tehama Together