2-1-1 Resource & Call Specialist
Multiple positions available for Temporary Part-time & Full time, non-exempt positions reporting to the 2-1-1 Response Group Coordinator
The Resource and Call Specialist will support a variety of functions in pursuit of United Way of Northern California’s mission to provide North State residents with exceptional 2-1-1 services during the Covid-19 crisis.
Principal duties involve adding and updating community resources in the 2-1-1 NorCal and Disaster 2-1-1 databases, with particular emphasis on priorities related to the Covid-19 situation in the North State. The specialists also will deliver high quality, professional information and referral services to callers.
This role requires a customer service orientation, high degree of professionalism, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and respond proactively to changing priorities. Experience in social services preferred.
Work hours may vary, Monday through Friday 8 am-5 pm.
Must have the ability to work from home due to the current shelter in place order.
Working in conjunction with the 2-1-1 NorCal Department and Contact Center staff, the specialist will:
- Communicate with organizations listed in the 2-1-1 databases for updates to agency and program information.
- Assist in maintenance of resources within iCarol database and other data management processes by entering agency and program changes.
- Assure that data is entered correctly and follows all guidelines.
- Provide high quality, multidimensional information and referral services to callers.
- Help each caller identify their health and human service needs.
- Thorough documentation of each call in the call-handling database.
- Report technical or programmatic issues as needed.
- Attend training sessions and meetings as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of AA degree or equivalent experience.
- Access to laptop or desktop, keyboard, mouse, headset with microphone, and reliable internet connection.
- Effective, accurate written and verbal communication required.
- Excellent customer service skills required, particular in relation to phone-based services.
- Familiarity with social service delivery systems strongly preferred.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Must have strong skills in use of computer and telephone communication and documentation.
- Must be able to follow guidelines and directions.
- Bilingual/multilingual a plus.
United Way of Northern California is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Hiring is subject to submission to background checks.
Submit your resume to 2-1-1 Program Director, Kalie Brisbon at email@example.com.